Blog by Fahmeena Odetta Moore aka Fahmeena Moore (FM).
If this page does not display properly, please consider visiting one of my other blogs. Select from the links above.


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Featured Post

Respect

 Thought for today...  People usually don't look good when they are down, during struggles of any kind. Failure is an example. When a pe...

Other Posts

Friday, February 16, 2024

Sub-ing

In the previous post, I mentioned that two of my relatives were teachers when they participated in mass games. I grew up around a lot of teachers. My other aunt (Auntie Gloria) is a teacher. My mother was a teacher too.

Did you know that I worked as a Substitute Teacher for Alachua County (which includes Gainesville) in Florida? I worked for the County for a little less than a full school term.

I liked being a Sub. The schools and students were quite good. I even liked the information system set up by the County for subs to select assignments. I recall that the system displayed the openings at each school. I selected the openings/jobs that interest (and worked) for me. Many times, other subs beat me to the good/choice assignments. A few times, school representatives called me for a required assignment. I believe those were cases where the school did not anticipate the need for a sub that day (they did not receive much notice).





























(Screenshots from my main LinkedIn profile)



No comments:

Post a Comment