Blog by Fahmeena Odetta Moore aka Fahmeena Moore (FM).
If this page does not display properly, please consider visiting one of my other blogs. Select from the links above.


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Featured Post

Respect

 Thought for today...  People usually don't look good when they are down, during struggles of any kind. Failure is an example. When a pe...

Other Posts

Sunday, February 11, 2024

Fufu

Fufu, fufu, fufu

I recall some delicious fufu meals in Linden, Guyana

There was the plantain fufu typically on Sunday

I thought I ate it with fish stew only

The plantain like dumpling, an island in the stew water

I assisted to make it at least once, I am certain that I did

I recall the mortar and pestle used to make the dish

The mortar a rounded hole in a small block of wood that reminds me of a stump

With my right hand, I pounded the plantain until it was rubber-like.











No comments:

Post a Comment