FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Thursday, February 1, 2024

My Domain

I received notice that the registration for my domain fahmeenaodetta.com needs to be renewed. Currently, the domain/website only shows the posts to my blog Inside Fahmeena Odetta's Head - it is one of the blog pages I set up for the blog (the others are a Blogger/Blogspot blog, a Tumblr blog, a Facebook page, and a Twitter page). I planned to add a resume, samples of my work (my portfolio), and so on.

Did you know that I learned a lot about website development at UMBC? In one of the first courses I learned to create a basic website using X(HTML), develop a web application that connects to a database, write short programs/scripts in Perl, and so on. I left the program with a lot of new knowledge and skills. I even learned about usability and the user experience (human-computer interaction). See my commencement document here: https://fahmeenaodetta.blogspot.com/2022/07/commencement-documents.html.

I decided to apply for the program at UMBC when I was employed at Grant Thornton. I recall that I applied for tuition assistance at Grant Thornton. I did not receive any.

I used the services of UMBC's Career Center when job hunting near the end of the program. I recall that I had an interview with representatives from a bank on campus. I flew to Ohio for a second interview with the bank.  I was not selected for the position. I was selected for an externship at a government agency. I recall that the agency took my fingerprints.










(https://www.linkedin.com/in/fahmeenaodetta/)






















No comments:

Post a Comment