Blog by Fahmeena Odetta Moore aka Fahmeena Moore (FM).
If this page does not display properly, please consider visiting one of my other blogs. Select from the links above.


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Featured Post

Respect

 Thought for today...  People usually don't look good when they are down, during struggles of any kind. Failure is an example. When a pe...

Other Posts

Sunday, February 18, 2024

Sugar Cane - Continued

I expanded my sugar cane ("cane") poem. I like both the short version and this new version. I may change it again.


I am eating (sugar) cane this early marnin'

The cane looking like cassava boil down

The cane juice I consider better

To replace the regular OJ (orange juice)

One benefit of the cane sticks is cleaner teeth when finished.


I am aware of how the sticks are made

It starts with trimming the stem

Harvesting the (sugar) cane that looks like bamboo

The cane peeled, removing the outer layer all around

And then divided into quarters


The cane is not the sweetest I have had

It would be good for those watching their sugar intake

I remember the juice could be very sweet

And so better for sugar production, I'm sure

And also for the molasses byproduct.



No comments:

Post a Comment