FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 17, 2024

Motivation

 Good morning from Linden, Guyana!

In a post on social media yesterday, Northcentral University (now National University) asked what song, album or playlist motivates me to complete tasks such as school assignments or projects. I was surprised by the post but decided to answer. I will preface providing one of my favorite motivation songs by saying I enjoy listening to music and I have to be careful that music does not distract me from completing tasks. I could listen to a favorite album or playlist for hours and hours without doing anything else. There are a lot of songs that motivate me to get started mostly because of the lyrics/words. An example is Whitney Houston's Step By Step which reminds me that I have a goal and I will accomplish that goal by taking or doing things step by step. An excerpt from the song is:

Well, there's a bridgeAnd there's a riverThat I still must crossAs I'm going on my journeyOh, I might be lost
And there's a road I have to followA place I have to goWell, no one told me just how to get thereBut when I get there I'll know'Cause I'm taking it
Step by stepBit by bitStone by stone (yeah)Brick by brick (oh yeah)Step by stepDay by dayMile by mile (ooh, ooh, ooh)

Link to song on YouTube: https://youtu.be/sWa5vE4MUpU?si=ySImcqzjG0IJ3Q9V

This post gave me the idea to create a motivation playlist on YouTube. I am currently working on an international playlist (https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLY1B6DIOhWPG63mCzaP_vaCrXLQP_GAX5) with music from popular international/foreign artists such as Enya, Bob Marley, and Rupee.











No comments:

Post a Comment