FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Wednesday, April 24, 2024

Lemons; In the Kitchen; Blenders

 In a recent post, I noted that I did not get the lemons I wanted so I used limes instead. I was watching a video recently where the woman complained that she could not find the lemons she wanted to use for making lemon water for breakfast. It was good information (link to video: https://www.facebook.com/share/v/RyygSt9QV2X38nFM/?mibextid=oFDknk). The woman was the main character / the star of videos on the Heather's Kitchen page on Facebook - I assume Heather. Heather is a resident of the U.S. who "returned home" to Guyana for a vacation. In the video, she was explaining what she was having for breakfast. I liked that she was having lots of fruit. She also had a juice made from cucumber, ginger, and a few other ingredients. It reminded me of the healthy juices we made in our household during the time of COVID.

I discovered Heather's Kitchen when browsing in Facebook recently. Heather has some interesting cooking videos on her page. She seems to use her blender/mixer a lot. I saw one video where she used the blender to blend tomatoes, garlic, and some other ingredients together for a chicken stew. I have never seen chicken stew made that way. Heather seems to use the blender a lot so that she has healthy food. I bet that viewers in Guyana and other Caribbean countries are surprised by how she uses the blender. Guyanese and other Caribbean folk use the blender a lot for blending fruit and other shakes, but as far as I know, they do not use the blender in a similar way.

I remember that it was important for a Guyanese household to have a blender many years ago. When I was a little girl, just about every household had a blender.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Note that Heather is not a relative. I stumbled upon Heather's profile/page recently in Facebook. That was the first time I heard of Heather.











No comments:

Post a Comment