FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Friday, April 5, 2024

My Vehicle - A Difficult Decision

 Good morning from Linden, Guyana!

For my short essay today, I thought of 3 words I wanted to include beforehand.

-------------------------

I purchased my last vehicle over 15 years ago from a car dealer in Laurel, Maryland. It was quite an experience. I was a busy professional living life at a hectic pace. I lived in the bustling DC/Maryland/Virginia metropolitan area. I recall that, at the time, I took a 3 hour flight each week to work with employees at another office location. The constant travel was rough. I didn't go out much to complete regular tasks such as grocery shopping and did not see family members often. However, I did manage to save tens of thousands of dollars over about seven months. I decided to purchase a new vehicle. I researched cars and car dealers online for weeks trying to decide on the brand (make and model) to purchase as well as the best dealer or option for the purchase. There seemed to be thousands of options! It was difficult to select a specific brand. SUVs were becoming popular so I decided on a SUV. I thought several SUV options would work for me. I saw several colors I liked. I was ambivalent about where to get the vehicle. I knew I could ask one of my relatives to "manufacture" a vehicle for me. That was a good option. Obtaining the vehicle from a dealer or reseller was another good option. I saw that resellers such as Carmax had very good vehicles at a fair price. One weekend, I felt like going out and went to see the inventory at the Tischer car dealer close to my apartment. It was a vibrant car dealership, well stocked with a wide range of a particular brand of vehicles. I walked through the customer entrance and was greeted by a friendly, loquacious car salesman. He talked me into test driving one of the vehicles and told me it was a great deal. I told him I would purchase the vehicle if I could get it at a great price. I am not the best at haggling, but I managed to get him to reduce the price. I wasn't that happy with the deal because the price was a little over what I wanted to spend, but I thought the vehicle was spectacular. It had an impressive list of features - it had good seats, a good sound system, and a lot of the bells and whistles of the new vehicles back then.


No comments:

Post a Comment