FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Thursday, April 25, 2024

The Less Significant Accident

 #ThrowbackThursday

Today, I am remembering a car accident I was involved in in Maryland. It was not my last accident but one that occurred a few weeks prior. I was out to return the company laptop I used to work from home in Lanham, Maryland. I drove to a new UPS Store in Beltsville to use the services there. It was not my regular drive to the UPS store I always used. I was returning from a successful and pleasant experience at the UPS Store when an old woman ran into the back of my vehicle when I was at a stop light.

Returning the company laptop took longer than it should have because I had to find a new UPS store. The UPS Store I always used had shut down. I had a frustrating experience when I left home for the store hoping for a quick stop. I was not aware that the store had closed. After driving there and realizing they were closed, I drove around the area looking for a new store. I went here and there and could not find another UPS Store. I discovered there was a store about 6 miles away from an internet search when I got home. I took my time getting out of the house to get to the other UPS Store. I didn't go out for another 10 days or so. The day I decided to go to the other UPS Store to return the company laptop, I had the accident.


No comments:

Post a Comment