FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Preparing Papers While In New York

The situation in New York was overwhelming, maybe more than the average person can handle. I managed to hold it together (stay sane), get to the library, research papers, write papers, and submit. For example, the post "This is a challenging week, but I will try to get my work done. I need to hold on to the reins....while I try to steady/calm the storm around me."
- https://fmoorephdbus7110.blogspot.com/2018/09/work-continues.html
reminded me of my situation then. The entire course blog is a record of what a stranded PhD student can achieve.

The papers turned out pretty well. I received very good grades. I thought of publishing a few, especially the paper that required theoretical analysis for a "hypothetical" published article.

The library was very helpful. I remember walking the aisles looking for books/resources for my papers. I even asked a librarian to pull old resources that were stored in a separate section of the library.

Of course, my background was also useful, maybe more than I realize. For example, I have a background in public management that was very useful for several assignments that dealt with management theories. Example:
Paper/Presentation:
Three Theories Compared
(Analysis of transactional and transformational leadership)








I needed to analyze marketing theories for the week 6 assignment. I didn't have much experience analyzing marketing theories - my review of online reviews does not focus on the marketing aspects. Also, years ago in undergrad, when I had to choose between marketing and computer studies, I chose to take the computer studies courses. I ended up selecting marketing theories that intersected with areas in my background. I used a tea business example, which was based on my research into a tea business.
Here is the paper: https://fahmeenaodetta1.files.wordpress.com/2018/09/moorefbus7110-6_final.docx
(one of the few saved in my Wordpress account)


















Note: Updated LinkedIn profile to indicate that I changed major at the U of Guyana. My first major was Public Management.


No comments:

Post a Comment