FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Friday, July 8, 2022

Linden Guyana

Yesterday's post on the Secondary School Entrance Examinations (Common Entrance exams) got me thinking about Linden, Guyana, South America. Two of my boards in Pinterest have information on Linden and Guyana:

https://www.pinterest.com/fahmeenaodetta/linden-my-hometown/

https://www.pinterest.com/fahmeenaodetta/caricom-caribbean-community-guyana-other-caribbean/


I had some good days in Linden. I took piano lessons with Mr. Smart on Mora Street. With him, I wrote the first level of a music exam administered in England. I didn't continue my piano lessons at President's College (but I did play the flute in a band like I did at school in Linden). I took a school bus to Watooka Day School every morning (some mornings I just didn’t make it in time). It was a long ride to school. In my year, Linden did extremely well at the Common Entrance exams. About ten students got the grade required to qualify for entry into the President's College. Only two ended up there. I was one of them - I passed the entrance tests. If I had not been selected, I would have attended Queen's College in Georgetown. Linden is not a major city like Georgetown but still does well at the Common Entrance exams. Linden has changed.

Just some random thoughts on my hometown.

Thinking about this, I realize now, but didn't back then, that my Electronics teacher at President's College looked like (or reminds me of) Jesus Christ of Nazareth.








(Pinterest board on Linden, Guyana, South America)








 

(Pinterest board on Guyana and CARICOM)


No comments:

Post a Comment