Blog by Fahmeena Odetta Moore aka Fahmeena Moore (FM).
If this page does not display properly, please consider visiting one of my other blogs. Select from the links above.


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Featured Post

Respect

 Thought for today...  People usually don't look good when they are down, during struggles of any kind. Failure is an example. When a pe...

Other Posts

Friday, January 26, 2024

Jamoon

 My Jamoon Poem - DRAFT


I first learned of jamoon at President's College (High School)

Some of my fellow classmates picked the fruit from trees during the pastorial parent time - the time slot for building relationships with and receiving guidance from their pastoral parent

I don't remember a lot about how I got the jamoon

I was not in the group that went fruit-picking

I believe the students shared some of their jamoon with me

I enjoyed eating the fruit


Jamoon looks like a grape

The fruit's purple juice makes me think of grape also

Jamoon also reminds me of plums

Thankfully the fruit has a unique name


The name jamoon suggests an association with the moon

The ja is interesting

I paid attention to things people say and do when I was young

I recall that a certain group of people used ja a lot


No comments:

Post a Comment