FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Saturday, January 27, 2024

Strengths

Good afternoon from Linden, Guyana!

One of my strengths is that I handle stress well. I am usually not panicky and flustered during high stress or emergency situations. My mother would say this too (in a previous post (https://fahmeenaodetta.blogspot.com/2022/06/ikea-signature-assignment.html) I mentioned that my mother thinks I handle stress well). I fared well in New York because of my ability to handle stress well.

I think everyone needs to spend some time thinking of their strengths, including things they are good at and what they are known for (areas of competitive advantage). There are several posts in this blog on areas/topics that would work well for me. An example is this post: https://fahmeenaodetta.blogspot.com/2022/11/training.html.

It is not always clear what is best for a person's talents/skills - the area(s) that match their "best" talents/skills. For example, people in emergency management need to handle stress well so this is an area that could be a good fit for me. I don't have training or experience (on the job) in this area though. I needed to use the skill/talent in a different way when I participated in a foreign exchange trading exercise during the finance master's program at GWU. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment