FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Friday, October 7, 2022

Usability Heuristics

Incidentally, I just mentioned my error message project (my assignment at ASRC Federal) in a comment in LinkedIn. I saw and responded to a post that requested comments on Nielsen's 10 usability heuristics. The questions:
"Which of these heuristics resonate the most/least with you and your product? When do you follow them? Where do you break them?"
(Link to post)

I commented:
I like your post. It is very informative. Two of the 10 are on error messages. I gravitated towards those two probably because I worked on an error message project in the past.

Screenshot of LinkedIn post with comment Fahmeena Odetta Moore -1







Screenshot of LinkedIn post with comment Fahmeena Odetta Moore -2







Screenshot of LinkedIn post with comment Fahmeena Odetta Moore -3







 

Nielsen's Usability Heuristics was (and probably still is) popular. I found a paper that used his usability heuristics in a typical manner - to assess the usability of several university websites. The paper is:

Usability Heuristics as an assessment parameter: For performing Usability Testing
By: Afifa Lodhi
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/5608809
(Published in: 2010 2nd International Conference on Software Technology and Engineering)

I also found an interesting article that reported on several usability heuristics in use. Nielsen's is just one. I will look into the usability heuristics in use today.

Usability heuristics: A systematic review
By: Cristhy Jimenez, Pablo Lozada, Pablo Rosas
https://ieeexplore.ieee.org/abstract/document/7750805
(Published in: 2016 IEEE 11th Colombian Computing Conference (CCC))

Screenshot of journal article on use of Nielsen's usability heuristicseena Odetta Moore -1








No comments:

Post a Comment