FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 5, 2022

Background In Statistical Analysis, Surveys

Using a questionnaire to collect information from people (conducting surveys) is an important part of research. I have lots of experience conducting surveys. My first survey was for an A-Level project at President's College. The course/subject was Pure Mathematics with Statistics (it was for the Statistics part). I designed the questionnaire and went out into the field to collect information from participants. That was about 30 years ago.

From Statistics, I learned how to prepare statistical summaries or reports that summarize information by providing statistics. Those are the reports that include statements such as: Expenditures increased by 20% to reach $1M. Such reports are used a lot in finance and economics. An example is the report 'Trends in health care spending' by AMA, available at: https://www.ama-assn.org/about/research/trends-health-care-spending.

During my PhD studies, I prepared a paper on the design of surveys/questionnaires for research. In that paper, I reviewed an actual survey. I learned current techniques as well as survey design issues.

Screenshot providing excerpt from paper on survey design by Fahmeena Odetta Moore - 1






Screenshot providing excerpt from paper on survey design by Fahmeena Odetta Moore - 2







Screenshot showing part of AMA report on Trends in health care spending - 1






Screenshot showing part of AMA report on Trends in health care spending - 2







No comments:

Post a Comment