FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Strategies To Increase Comfort In Daily Life

While taking a break from working on a paper for publishing, I decided to respond to today's prompt in Wordpress. See responses to the Wordpress prompt for 7/12/2023 here: https://wordpress.com/tag/dailyprompt-1994.

What strategies do you use to increase comfort in your daily life?

I read this question and immediately thought of air conditioning. In the summer, air conditioning provides much comfort, especially on 90 degree days like today (It is 1:38pm and it is already 89 degrees fahrenheit). Unfortunately, we are currently dealing with an AC issue.

Sometimes I listen to music, which provides comfort. When I feel stressed, music could be the stress reliever. Music also relaxes my mind.

Reading a good book can also provide comfort. Reading the Bible is supposed to provide comfort. A simple Google search will provide verses for or about comfort - https://www.google.com/search?q=bible+comfort

One of the most important things is to get a good mattress. Everyone needs a good night’s sleep (comfort at night). Your day is more likely to be miserable if you did not get a good night’s sleep.

Comfort also makes me think of hospitals and the nurses who ask, "Are you comfortable? I could move the pillow...." Simple changes (such as moving the pillow or covering your legs) or a drink of water could bring comfort in the hospital.


No comments:

Post a Comment