FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Friday, July 28, 2023

Journal Selection

I thought I selected the right journal for one of the papers I submitted recently, but I guess I did not. I am still learning about the best journal for a paper, especially one of my interdisciplinary papers. The editor of the journal recommended another more specialized journal for the paper. He wrote:
"Indeed, while the topic of this study is of potential interest, its overall contribution to the field appears too limited for the broad readership of the journal. Therefore, this manuscript would be better suited for a more specialized journal."
I have never heard of the journal he recommended, but it does seem to be a better fit. It accepts APA 7th edition so no reference changes are needed (reference list changes as well as changes to in-text citations).

Excerpt of paper by Fahmeena Odetta Moore




No comments:

Post a Comment