FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Parks

Yesterday's post on the use of parks for Fourth of July celebrations got me thinking about different parks I visited in the U.S. I am not a frequent park user/visitor but I have visited a lot of small recreational parks over the years. I was a part of quite a few outings/events at parks, including church-related events and school-related events. I am yet to visit national parks such as Yellowstone National Park and the Grand Canyon National Park.

I also recalled my experience at Bryant Park in NY years ago. It was a difficult situation, but some good came out of it. I got an idea for a project on cell phone privacy tradeoffs while at the park. It is included in the Summary section of my LinkedIn research profile here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fahmeenaodetta.

There were likely lots of posts on social media from parks across the U.S. yesterday. Such posts are being used in research. I found an interesting journal article that used Twitter posts by individuals while at a park in NY. The research question is very interesting: "Will people’s sentiment towards a place be more positive when they are in New York City parks as compared to their sentiment when they are in other places?" The results are interesting too. Read the paper here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0169204618305863.

Screenshot of article on Twitter sentiment at NYC parks










No comments:

Post a Comment