Blog by Fahmeena Odetta Moore aka Fahmeena Moore (FM).
If this page does not display properly, please consider visiting one of my other blogs. Select from the links above.


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Featured Post

Respect

 Thought for today...  People usually don't look good when they are down, during struggles of any kind. Failure is an example. When a pe...

Other Posts

Thursday, August 10, 2023

Building work relationships

In my last corporate position (at GEICO), I worked from home full-time. I attended meetings, completed training, and had 1-on-1s with my manager from my computer/laptop at home. Meeting my co-workers and managers in-person was necessary to form working relationships. I don't recall whose idea it was for us to meet at the office, but it was a good one. I believe it was a senior manager's idea. Managers should play a role in building employee relationships.

Here is an article that discusses how relationships may be developed/formed in the workplace:

The Role of HR in Employee Relationship Management (ERM)
https://blog.vantagecircle.com/employee-relationship-management/

Organizations organize relationship-building activities such as lunches, potlucks, gift exchanges, and retreats/excursions for employees to interact, network, and build/maintain relationships. I recall a team building exercise I attended that was mandatory for employees of the group I was a member of.

I hope to obtain work conducting surveys to understand employees' views. I have been reviewing RFPs for survey services (https://fahmeenaodetta.blogspot.com/2023/04/contracting-opportunities.html).

Article On Building Employee Relationships






No comments:

Post a Comment