Preparing for the GCE A-Level examinations (at President's College) was tough. The school had trouble finding teachers and came up with out-of-the-box solutions. The Accounting class traveled to the University of Guyana for classes (a professional from the Accounting Department taught the class). Another lecturer visited the school to teach Statistics. We did not have an Economics teacher (O-Levels was much better).
The trip to UG was tiring but also fun. We traveled by minibus. I recall that the bus driver smiled a lot. He seemed pleased to have the job.
I learned a little bit about the UG campus then. We had classes in any available classroom in the Education building, which was at the front of the UG campus. We saw some of the hustle and bustle of the campus from that building. For some strange reason, I was interested in the trees near the front of the Education building. I learned that they were ackee trees.
Blog by Fahmeena Odetta Moore aka Fahmeena Moore (FM).
If this page does not display properly, please consider visiting one of my other blogs. Select from the links above.
-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------
Featured Post
Respect
Thought for today... People usually don't look good when they are down, during struggles of any kind. Failure is an example. When a pe...
Other Posts
Monday, August 28, 2023
A-Levels
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment