FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Real-Time Monitoring for Credit Card Fraud

For the paper on real-time business intelligence systems, I opted to review the systems at credit card companies that monitor account activity for fraud. I was reminded that credit card companies monitor account activity when a family member received a call from his company because they suspected fraud.
It is interesting that: for credit card fraud, the institutions contact the customer to ask whether their card was lost or stolen, while for real-time bus updates, customers contact the bus companies to request an update on wait times (when the next bus will arrive).

On other note, monitoring/checking for fraud is something auditors do. As a Financial Auditor at ODCA, I reviewed financial records - receipts, bank statements, and the like - to determine whether procedures were followed etc. Such reviews were designed to detect fraud if present. Fraud is interesting. My auditing experience aided my understanding of processes and my preparation of use cases for a fraud case management system later.

Recently, I was worried that I would receive a call from the bank after I entered an incorrect PIN for my debit card at a gas station. I ensured that I used the correct PIN for my card at an ATM a short while after. Maybe the rules are different for debit cards. 








No comments:

Post a Comment