FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Thursday, June 23, 2022

BA experience

There is now a summary for my second LinkedIn profile. I worked on it yesterday. See it here: https://www.linkedin.com/in/fahmeenaodetta/


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

On the subject of knowledge and skills from my Business Analyst experience (from my first LinkedIn profile) that I used in papers and presentations, I can say that I directly used my BA background in a presentation titled 'Data Mining: Acquiring Information and Intelligence From Data'. See it here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4crCeJegGY
In the presentation, I started with a discussion of organizations' need to obtain more knowledge and understanding from data and use more data from decision-making along with a discussion of the types of data stored by organizations. Then, I discussed that organizations directly use data stored in the databases of individual applications for analysis. This is followed by a discussion that the applications themselves may perform complex analysis for users. I provided an example of a system that automatically matched wire expectations with actual wire data - a complex process that would be tedious if performed manually. This is from my experience at Fannie Mae. Another example I provided was a recommender system that determined patterns in data. I learned of recommender systems while preparing my signature paper on online reviews. 

Finally, I looked at the use of a data warehouse for data analysis, and the mining of data, specifically what is data mining and data mining techniques. I also looked at the limitations of data warehousing and data mining in the future. In the past, I worked on a data warehousing project at Grant Thornton for a short time. I learned some of those concepts there.

I liked the presentation. I received a good grade.


 






 

(From the YouTube video of presentation 'Data Mining: Acquiring Information and Intelligence From Data' prepared by Fahmeena Odetta Moore.)

No comments:

Post a Comment