FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Friday, June 17, 2022

Truth

I've been thinking about truth. Truth is complicated. Sometimes, the intent is to deceive so there is little or no truth provided. Sometimes, the truth is withheld to protect the innocent. Sometimes, it is not clear what the truth is. The person may not have all the information or may be in the dark about certain details because of short-sightedness.

My research/papers touched on truth. My paper on online reviews showed that reviewers or raters of products/businesses may choose to be anonymous or may use a phony persona, which frees them from telling the truth. The reviewer may or may not have used the product. (Model at: http://fmooreconceptmap1.blogspot.com/2016/06/concept-map-domain-model-created-for.html)

Making comments/reviews online may be more dangerous than comments given face-to-face. Faces show emotion. Also, it takes a certain type of person to hurl hurtful words to others face-to-face. When online, it is a lot easier to make negative, hurtful comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment