FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Friday, June 10, 2022

Names

Still thinking about my blog names....

I found some good information in my 'What's in a name' board on Pinterest (https://www.pinterest.com/fahmeenaodetta/whats-in-a-name/). One pin led me to the website https://markosaric.com/blog-name/ that includes this information on how to choose a blog name:

Use your full name as your blog name

Think GaryVaynerchuk.com, KaylaItsines.com, AustinKleon.com, JamesAltucher.com…

Make it personal. Name your blog by your full name. This creates a more personal and warm presence.

It also helps you build a personal brand which could lead to conference talks and even book publishing deals.

It’s also a great method if you switch between different topics you focus on as your name will always fit any project that you’re doing.

It’s not for everyone though as some won’t be too comfortable about putting themselves in the spotlight that much.

And that’s it. That’s how to come up with a great blog name and the domain name.

Now that you have a list of ideas, imagine that you share your domain name to a person you meet at a conference.

 

I like that 'What's in a name' board. It collects very useful information on names, including the idea that one's name could affect one's chances of landing a job.

Isn't it interesting that I have a unique name? And, it is full of double letters too - fahmEEna odeTTa mOOre.

 









No comments:

Post a Comment