Blog by Fahmeena Odetta Moore aka Fahmeena Moore (FM).
If this page does not display properly, please consider visiting one of my other blogs. Select from the links above.


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Featured Post

Respect

 Thought for today...  People usually don't look good when they are down, during struggles of any kind. Failure is an example. When a pe...

Other Posts

Friday, October 27, 2023

Different perspectives

Thoughts on competition

Some may say nice guys finish last, but there are different perspectives on this. I recall reading about being likeable on LinkedIn. Giving back (sharing the bread) is also popular and it is not only a Christian thing. That may fall under ‘never taking more than you give’ from that Lion King song.

There are a lot of books/material on competition out there, but my experience and perspective is sure to be different. I grew up in a country (Guyana) that embraced socialism. I was in competitive situations since I was young. I was in a very competitive class at Watooka Day School. I also know quite a bit about competition and competitive behavior from:

- economics (perfect competition and so on), 

- competing for jobs (for example, I got into an IT Analyst/Consultant training program at a major organization without any connections. It would be nice to see the comments and evaluations of the folks who interviewed me), and 

- working at organizations.


(Feel free to send me comments, complaints, and any issues. My main email address is moorefo1@gmail.com.)


No comments:

Post a Comment