Blog by Fahmeena Odetta Moore aka Fahmeena Moore (FM).
If this page does not display properly, please consider visiting one of my other blogs. Select from the links above.


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Featured Post

Respect

 Thought for today...  People usually don't look good when they are down, during struggles of any kind. Failure is an example. When a pe...

Other Posts

Saturday, November 15, 2025

Update

 It is a cold, quiet Saturday (49 degrees Fahrenheit). Everything seems still. I will not be doing much today. I am currently enjoying some green tea. Maybe I'll watch TV or watch a movie on YouTube. 

Yesterday I found an interesting paper on happiness -- The Secret to Happiness Lies Within You, Or Society - Or Both (https://www.ucdavis.edu/news/secret-happiness-lies-within-you-or-society-or-both) by A. Fell. A quote from the paper:

"'But we all know people in our lives who experience traumatic events yet seem to be happy,' Beck said. ... This suggests a 'top-down' perspective, where happiness comes not from external circumstances, but from personal attitudes and qualities, implying that we can improve happiness by improving our mental states through practices such as mindfulness meditation or therapy, rather than by targeting external factors."

Cup of green tea










No comments:

Post a Comment