FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Another Poem

I am on a roll...


Another poem. This one includes some information on a seamstress in Linden. I see a theme in my poems so far - production (whether at home or in a factory/plant).


I wore the standard brown and cream uniform during primary school

My mother made my school uniform at the sewing machine

She determined what was required, bought the fabric, the "cloth", and put together the uniform so I met the school's requirements


My mother also made a lot of the regular clothes I wore

I wore a lot of short pants that my mother made

But there were some outfits that came from elsewhere

I recall a special red and white tube dress that required bows at the shoulder

I do not believe my mother made that one


A seamstress, a friend of my mother's, made several special outfits for me

She was very good, considered one of the best

Her work was considered exceptional but she sometimes took a while to finish the outfit

I believe it was because she received a lot of orders or requests to make clothes


My interaction with the seamstress was interesting

I recall the messages I delivered to the seamstress from my mother

I would walk from my grandmother's house, past the cashew tree that I once sold mangoes under

Then to the area the seamstress lived and to her door

A typical message was "Good afternoon, Mummy wants to know when the clothes will be finished"


No comments:

Post a Comment