FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Tuesday, September 5, 2023

School Uniforms In Guyana

I recall that 'ready made' "school clothes" were not widely available in Guyana.

I recall those days in Guyana when the Government required "school children" to wear a uniform. During my primary school years, students all over the country wore "brown and cream" with brown ribbons. Some students looked forward to the first day of school (after the long summer break) because they got to wear brand new "school clothes." I believe parents all over the country paid seamstresses to sew the required uniforms since they could not be bought in stores 'ready made'. Instead, the fabric for the "school clothes" as well as the ribbons were sold in stores. I recall that customers would order a "yard and a half" of brown fabric, for example, for their needs. Gabardine was popular. School clothes had to be neatly pressed so that the child appears neat and clean at school. Children had to behave a certain way when dressed in uniform. This makes me think of the discipline that students and teachers had back then.

The requirements for school uniforms changed years later. Children started wearing different uniforms - different colors and different styles. It is easier to identify the school of a student because of the different uniforms. 'Ready made' "school clothes" may be widely available now. I am not certain.


No comments:

Post a Comment