FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Friday, June 30, 2023

The Topic Pain

The topic in the recent call for papers by the Journal of Business Research (“No Pain No Gain”: Understanding and Applications of Pain in Marketing Scholarship & Practice) is very interesting! Some of the questions papers can address include: (1) How do different types of pain (e.g., physical, psychological, mental or emotional) affect consumption? (2) What is the meaning of pain in a digital world? (3) Are there different types of consumers that could be receptive, prone or averse to pain and what are their characteristics? (4) When and why does the creation painful psychological obstacles (e.g., long lines or waiting lists) or outright refusal to sell a coveted item enhances customers’ feelings of bitter satisfaction and consumer motivation to own the desired item? (5) How can pain affect, explain or facilitate other unconventional consumption practices?, and (6) Why are consumers attracted by the pain of others? I think it will be a very informative and interesting special issue.

(View the call for papers here: https://www.sciencedirect.com/journal/journal-of-business-research/about/call-for-papers).

I know people have different levels of pain tolerance - some people could handle more pain than others. I imagine a person's pain tolerance affects whether he/she is averse or receptive to pain. My guess is that a lot of consumers are averse to pain. I believe people do not want to feel pain especially when shopping or working or when on vacation. Pain is distracting. I am curious about how different types of pain affect decision-making and consumption.

I cannot wait for the special issue!

JBR Call for Papers 6/20/2023





 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment