FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Tuesday, June 6, 2023

Publishing Information

I found some very informative and interesting posts in LinkedIn that provide information and tips on academic publishing. It turns out that LinkedIn is a great resource for information on writing and publishing articles in journals. I was surprised to see that quite a few professors/PhDs posted information on their experiences.

I just read a post on desk rejects. The author provided some good tips to avoid desk rejection. They include: avoid typos, confirm to templates, confirm to the style guide of the journal (format the paper for the outlet), ensure their are no mismatches such as numbers in a table that don't match the text, and do not leave out important information or make critical mistakes (which can occur when you are in a rush to submit). I was particularly interested in the information on templates. The author explained that some journals have templates while some expect you to deduce it from published articles. "Know and confirm to it!" he wrote.
(Link to post)

This was all good information. I know some journals accept "different" papers (I found one for my paper/research proposal on hand hygiene compliance). I wish there was a list of such journals somewhere. Maybe I will work on one.

Screenshot of LinkedIn article by Fahmeena Odetta Moore 6/6-1






Screenshot of LinkedIn article by Fahmeena Odetta Moore 6/6-2







No comments:

Post a Comment