FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Wednesday, June 14, 2023

Observations

A few things I noticed today while searching for and applying for jobs: (1) there are very few part-time positions, (2) a lot of the Senior Technical Writer/Manager positions require a security clearance, and (3) the list of disabilities (for disclosing a disability) has grown. I saw several interesting writing jobs (a lot of them for remote work) and clicked on each hoping that it was a suitable job for me. I was surprised to see that most required a security clearance such as an active secret clearance. This is definitely a change from years past. I hope it is not a new 'thing.' I do not have secret clearance and it will be a hassle to obtain. On the disabilities list, I saw new disabilities such as cancer (past or present) and disfigurement from wounds, accidents, and so on. The list is quite long. It would not surprise me if a significant percentage of the US population is now considered 'disabled' (has a disability).

Disabilities list

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment