FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Friday, January 13, 2023

Favorites

My favorite color is blue. Blue edges out the other colors by a narrow margin. I like red, yellow, green and so on. I am not sure why I prefer blue. I just do. I have a lot of other preferences/likes, of course. Some match what the majority prefers. Some are different or unique. Take the songs from The Lion King as an example. I like the song that won several awards - Can You Feel The Love Tonight. But, I really do like the Circle of Life better. Here is my argument for why it is better:

I think the words/lyrics are better. Can You Feel The Love Tonight is about love and that is important. The Circle of Life is about life, people’s beliefs, and doing good in the world. It starts….

“From the day we arrive on the planet and blinking step into the sun, there is more to be seen than can ever be seen, more to do than can ever be done.”

I think about birth (a new baby) and entrance into this crazy world. I think of unknowns (in outer space, the unexplainables in life, things we just don’t know of because we are not God).

Then, the next line is about our beliefs. “Some say eat or be eaten, some say live and let live”

This means it is all about competition (a dog eat dog world) for some. For some others, it is about peace.

“But all are agreed as we join the stampede, you should never take more than you give….In the circle of life, is the wheel of fortune, it’s a leap of faith, it’s a band of hope, till we find our place on the path unwinding, in the circle of life.”

We are all hoping for the best in the future…on that path unfolding/unwinding.


The second verse is even better.

“Some of us fall by the wayside and some of us soar to the stars. And some of us sail through our troubles and some have to live with the scars … but the sun rolling high through the sapphire sky keeps great and small on the endless round.”


Can you tell I am on a break?


No comments:

Post a Comment