FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Thursday, November 10, 2022

Update Nov10

I tried to attend one of the online meetings/sessions for WorldUsability Day but could not connect. That was disappointing. It was good to see the various sessions in different countries.


Back to the topic of living with things I don’t like….yesterday I mentioned that young Fahmeena had to live with a “whitler” finger she didn’t like. There was also my teeth. I sucked my thumb as a child so I developed buck teeth or protruding front teeth. I had to live with it although I didn’t like it. I finally corrected it (wore braces) in my 20s. There was an opportunity to correct it in my teens. I actually recall the visit to the Dental School in Georgetown, Guyana. The professionals there told my mother to bring me later to get braces. We never made it back.

I paid quite a lot for my braces. I had a monthly payment plan. I wanted the clear braces but ended up with the regular metal (silver) ones. I had a complicated treatment/correction plan too. The doctor recommended extractions (of perfectly good teeth) so that there was space for the front teeth to move into.


No comments:

Post a Comment