FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Resolving Issues

My ordeal with Allstate insurance company (involving conflicting information on who is at fault for the accident) made me think of work/processes on a particular government contract. Sometimes there were misunderstandings or conflicting information, but those issues were resolved quickly. People raised issues quickly (voiced their concerns) and involved the right people to develop solutions.

I remember the discussions I had with other team members. If there was a question about requirements I had prepared, for example, a tester would show up at my desk for answers/explanations. I had to explain what I had done, any issues, and so on. Once, a guy made me explain a diagram I had prepared in detail. I am sure we disturbed the team members sitting in the quad and beyond. I am happy that I had just completed my MS degree in Information Systems so I was armed with a lot of knowledge.


No comments:

Post a Comment