FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Wednesday, August 31, 2022

Videos In Healthcare

My research on videos has included the use of videos in online reviews (reviews on websites such as yelp.com) and real estate, video monitoring of employees for hand hygiene compliance (one of the technologies used), and training videos. Today, I discovered videos are also used a lot in healthcare - for surgical education (video coaching), to assist with surgery, for review of surgical skills, and so on. I skimmed quite a few articles with interest.

One of the articles I found was:

Video Coaching in Surgical Education: Utility, Opportunities, and Barriers to Implementation
By: Andrew C. Esposito MD, Nathan A. Coppersmith MD, Erin M. White MD, MBS, Peter S. Yoo MD
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S1931720421003482
 
It reported that surgical residents and other subjects overwhelmingly find video-based coaching of surgery (in the operating room) useful. Video-based coaching also assists with skill acquisition.

It is interesting that videos are so significant in surgical education. It is different for online reviews. A video does not greatly improve the quality of a review.









No comments:

Post a Comment