FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Thursday, August 4, 2022

Interesting Article On Online Reviews, Happiness and Travel

I found an interesting article that used online reviews to measure consumers' happiness with travel destinations. The article is:

Utilizing text-mining to explore consumer happiness within tourism destinations
By: Benjamin Garner, Corliss Thornton, Anita Luo Pawluk, Roberto Mora Cortez, Wesley Johnston, Cesar Ayala
https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0148296321005853

The researchers used travel reviews from Yelp.com. They extracted words from the reviews to measure how happy the consumer was (their emotions) with their travel. 

This article was not one of the articles reviewed/analyzed for my literature review paper on online reviews. I wish it was around then. It is interesting that the focus seems to be on marketing though. My literature review paper had a different slant. And, the value or contribution of my paper was decision-making.

Did you see my concept map prepared from the first set of articles selected for my literature review paper? It is available here: http://fmooreconceptmap1.blogspot.com/.











Some more travel photos:










No comments:

Post a Comment