FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Tuesday, August 2, 2022

Traveling

I am out traveling. For my post today, I thought I would comment on one or more travel-related journal articles that interest me.

I found an interesting article on the use of a tool/travel diary to capture online and in-person activity to learn more about how online activities affect in-person activities (travel, shopping, and so on). The article is:

Online and in-person activity logging using a smartphone-based travel, activity, and time-use survey By AndrĂ© Alhoa, Cheng Cheng, Dao Trung Hieu, Takanori Sakai, Fang Zhao, Moshe Ben-Akiva, Lynette Cheah, https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S2590198221002293

It was included in the March 2022 issue of Transportation Research and Interdisciplinary Perspectives (Volume 13). It would fit in an IT/IS journal.

The tool is impressive. The user interface is a little dark for my taste. It is interesting that online activity (e-shopping, e-commerce) affects in-person or in-store shopping. I quickly reviewed one of the articles included in the reference list (https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.3141/2157-18).

The paper made me think of social media. There is a lot of travel activity on social media - Facebook, Twitter, and so on. There needs to be a review of how easy it is to track travel activity via social media and how it would compare to tools created for travel tracking.


No comments:

Post a Comment