FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Tuesday, August 20, 2024

Ancestry

 I just watched a travel video by popular travel and food vlogger Mark Wiens (link to video: https://youtu.be/DMlITdf3w-o?si=yVWP5EicO5H7R4kc). The video was different from his other videos because he had the results of a DNA test that provided information on his ancestry and also because his father was involved. I got the sense that the DNA results were very important to Mark. During the video, he got together with his father who also had the results of his test. Father and son compared their results. Of course, the father's ancestry passed down to the son, but the son also had other ancestors most likely because of his mother. Mark Wiens spoke of other things he got from his father such as his love of food and willingness to try different types of food. I thought it was interesting that such details do not show up in an ancestry test but they are the sort of things I would want to know. However, ancestry tests are important. 

I would love to know more about my ancestors including details such as the country or countries my ancestors were originally from and whether my ancestors included important people. At some point, I would like to use the services of 23andme (https://www.23andme.com/dna-ancestry/) or some other ancestry service.











No comments:

Post a Comment