FEATURED POST - To view full post, click the title below

Usability - More explanation

Usability is a challenging topic and there are outstanding, capable professionals in the field (See my post on renowned usability expert J. ...


I completed 11 signature assignments - significant papers with original ideas. In one paper, I foresaw specific problems at a major company. In another, I designed a study (with statistical analyses) to explain why videos do not significantly enhance or improve online reviews. I worked alone. My signature assignments available at: https://fahmeenaodettasignaturepapers.tumblr.com


-------------------------------------POSTS:-------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Programming

Some people may be surprised that I learned programming in high school (at President’s College in Guyana, a country in South America and member of the CARIbbean COMmunity). Computer Studies was one subject/course at the school. I had an expatriate teacher who was very knowledgeable. He taught us a lot. However, I found some of the classes to be boring. I actually fell asleep in some classes (partly because the classes were in the afternoon - after lunch). For the GCE examination, I completed a Pascal program to solve simultaneous equations. I chose that topic because I had recently learned to solve simultaneous equations in Math class. I worked really hard on that program. My teacher provided really good guidance. I remember the euphoria I experienced when I got the program to run/compile and work. I also recall the down feeling I experienced when a classmate asked what happens when a user enters an incorrect character/entry. I tried it and the program crashed. I then tried to make the program provide messages when that occurred.

My GCE O-Level certificate shows that I wrote the Computing Studies exam (and, of course, completed the required project). To see the certificate, click the statistics or economicsandIT label/tag.


No comments:

Post a Comment